14 Things I'm looking forward to in 2014.

Happy new year!!!!

I do have parts of a Christmas recap typed up, but I have been wanting to post this forever as a start to the new year. 14 is my favourite number (I'm so creative - I was born on Aug. 14), so I am pretty excited about the year 2014 which is likely the only 14 year I will see in this lifetime! That being said, there are a lot of things that I'm really looking forward to in this upcoming year.

1) Giving birth to our second child/not being pregnant anymore (this one is a given)
2) The Veronica Mars movie (can't wait, but Brian won't come and see it with me...any takers?)
3) Divergent: the movie (I can probably talk Brian into seeing this one with me because he likes The Hunger Games)
4) Being off work with 2 children for a year (will be nice in some ways and likely overwhelming at first)
5) Watching the hubby turn 30 (he is freaking out about it but I think it will be fun)
6) Celebrating my sister's graduation from med school and her husband from law school (and hopefully watching them move to NS!)
7) Seeing my parents and brother in the summer (overjoyed!)
8) Having a raspberry beer (mmmmmmm)
9) Working on my blog (including a blog design and some weekly posts)
10) Participating in a book club: either Bonnie's or Laura's or both!
11) Running a 10K in the fall (this is a goal!) and losing the baby weight.
12) Enrolling Molly in soccer in the summer (Can't wait to watch her play)
13) Reconnecting with friends and family who have or will be moving closer to us
14) Molly's first concert, thanks to Nanny and Papa (a Christmas gift) - Raffi!!

And a bonus one...I am going to be keeping a VERY brief 5 year journal. I saw a book for it at Chapters before Christmas but I will be following the prompts from this site. It is only a sentence or two a day, but you can compare over the 5 years and I think it will be really interesting to see my responses over the next 5 years of changes!!!

Hope 2014 brings joy to everyone!





4 comments

  1. They all sound like great things to look forward to!
    And being home with two kids wasn't that bad! I was thinking it was going to be crazy, and a ton of work, but within the first month we had gotten into a really good routine. And now, being back to work after a year home with both of them, I MISS it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raspberry beer?? That sounds interesting. Where do you get it? Good luck on the 10K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather! Thanks for stopping by Just a Trace! I am so excited to see Divergent too! Did you read the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read the first two books, and then got a spoiler about the last book and still haven't finished it because I feel sad about the ending! I'm back at it this week though! I blew through the first 2 books!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post! I reply to comments via e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger, and if that is the case you can check out this post to fix it!!