Here are some fun things I'm looking forward to this year - honestly we don't have too many "fun things" planned yet because those types of things usually happen in the summer, but here we are!
1) My baby is starting school this year! In September, Lucy will start school at (hopefully) the same school as Molly with quite a few of her little friends. I already know I will cry that day because I get teary just thinking about it at the moment. It will be exciting though :)
2) I have plans to get back into running after majorly slacking off last year - I signed up for three short races to motivate myself in April, September, and October. I need to put our treadmill to better use!
3) Brian is obsessed with his 3D printer and this year I'm going to work on helping him start a business with it
4) I can't wait to hit the beach all summer long again - it is so much more fun now that the girls are older, especially if we bring our friends along too.
5) I get bumped up to 4 weeks vacation this year! No real plans for it, but it will get used!
6) We don't have a definite vacation plan yet, but I am pretty sure we'll go to Cape Breton this summer for a longer stretch of time than usual.
7) I can't wait to go camping again with the girls! We have a few spots and dates picked out already.
8) Molly is making her first communion this year. It's a very special time for our family and my parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles are very excited for her.
9) We have some plans to do some local hikes and bike trails this summer now that the girls are older - this will be fun! I also really want to plan some amazing day trips around the province because there's a lot they haven't seen.
10) My parents gifted Brian and me with a night away at a resort hotel a couple of hours away - can't wait to use that sometime this spring!
11) This will be the first year we plan to take the girls to some fireworks shows! They are always late but we are going to make the effort this summer for Canada Day
12) There are tons of great new books coming out this year! I'll be sharing those next week.
13) We have a few minor house updates planned and I can't wait to get some of those on the go - first up is the living room (probably) and the girls' rooms will be painted too! :)
14) There's a chance I will make a career change this year or next year, or make some changes to my days off (I currently work 3 days a week)...I am looking forward to seeing where life takes me in that regard when both girls are in school in the fall!









No comments
Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post! I reply to comments via e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger, and if that is the case you can check out this post to fix it!!