14 Things You Might Not Know about Me

Sharing a quick Good Friday 14 Things Friday post. We have a busy weekend with family and friends, as is always the case around holidays in my family. Looking forward to it though and hoping it doesn't rain QUITE as much as is forecasted. Happy Easter weekend!


Here are 14 random facts about me! :)

1) I love classical, orchestral, and instrumental music, mostly in major keys though. I play the piano, the french horn, and the fiddle <-- none of these well enough to play "in public" in my opinion. I sang in a lot of choirs in my youth too and hope to do that again someday.

2) I'm not a very picky eater - the few things I can think of that I don't love off the top of my head are olives, blue cheese, and anchovies (all very easily avoidable) ;)

3) I met my husband online. We met for the first time in person to go out for dinner and then play mini golf. I beat him ;) He says he was distracted. Haha.

4) I used to play ultimate frisbee and loooved it but haven't found the time/drive to get back into it much after having the kids.

5) I do have the time and commitment to practicing yoga once a week though with my wonderful teacher. It is SO good for my mental health.

6) I grew up in the mountains but I'm not great at skiing. I do find it hard to choose between "mountains" and "beach" but I love living close to the ocean now (we can see it from our back deck!)

7) I'm on a pretty strict coffee schedule that I'd like to change someday - one at about 7 am and one around noon. No more, no less, every day.

8) Like many people, the worst years of my childhood were in grade 7-9 (ish) - thank you braces and big glasses and teenage hormones. Also commonly, my "best years" aside from now were probably when I was doing my undergrad at St. FX

9) I'm great at starting projects and less good at finishing them - I'm working at improving this about myself.

10) About 10 years ago I decided I had 3 bands I really wanted to see in person, if possible, and I've managed to see all of them! (Bruce Springsteen, U2, and Coldplay). I need a new list, maybe!

11) I speak French - not completely fluently, but not too poorly, and I'm still working on it because as of September we will have two children in French Immersion at school.

12) I really want to write a book someday but I'm stalling a bit on ideas. I have a few ideas but I haven't given it space yet to grow. Maybe someday!!

13) For the longest time, my favourite season was summer, but I LOVE the fall colours in Nova Scotia so I've changed my mind a bit.

14) I collect postcards and I have them from all over the world - my dad traveled often for work when I was in jr. high and high school so that helped :) I love to send them to people when we're on a trip, even if it's not very far away from home.


No comments

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post! I reply to comments via e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger, and if that is the case you can check out this post to fix it!!