May was a good month here with a lot of sunny days and time outside. Molly is learning how to ride her bike without training wheels and she's doing great! Here are two videos (the first is an awesome example of my husband's incredible falling skills) and the second is her success!!!
We also had a lot of time at various playgrounds, celebrated a few birthdays, saw a few friends, and celebrated Mother's Day (which was lovely this year).
I got into biking a little bit mostly due to Molly and that was fun!! Things changed a bit at work and my workload is changing off and on, so that has been interesting too.
I went to see I Feel Pretty with a good friend and liked it more than I expected to - it really made me think. That same weekend, I also spent most of that Saturday watching the Royal Wedding <3 and listening to You are a Badass, so there were a lot of thoughts swirling around my head about being the best you can be and really believing in yourself. More thoughts on that if I ever get them written down.
I went to the ECMA awards show with my friend Laura and that was a fun night! So many different musical performances in one sitting. Definitely did not regret that night out :)
I got quite involved planning Molly's school's spring fair fundraiser with the PTO which was a ton of work and was last weekend, so that was basically the entire last week of May in a nutshell.
June is shaping up to be pretty busy with soccer season starting and the girls have another race this weekend. We have a lot of birthdays and our anniversary and father's day in June too, so it feels like a celebration every few days, haha. We were fortunate to have a visit from my sister in law and brother in law this month too:
As usual, I read quite a few good books this month and listened to a few awesome audiobooks too. I also re-watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Pride & Prejudice (2005) and enjoyed both of those. Brian and I have some plans to watch a few more of the Harry Potter movies again this month - it's more exciting to share the story with someone else although I am also hoping to re-read Goblet of Fire this summer!!
I've been sick the past few days so I am a bit behind on blogging, but will be trying to catch up this weekend since we don't have too much on the go.
That's about it - what's new and exciting with you?! I'll be back tomorrow with 14 Things I'd Like to Do Someday for my 14 Things Friday post :) Check out Kristen's blog to see others who linked up today!!











How fun to be learning to ride without training wheels!!! I always think of the Full House episode with Michelle trying to learn how to ride a bike when I see little kids making the transition. I cant even begin to imagine how much work goes in to school events like that.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome milestone - learning to ride a bike and kudos to her for not learning with training wheels first! THAT is totally basass!
ReplyDeleteomg i watched that first video like 7 times. hilarious. my little brother (yes, seriously) taught me how to ride a bike, i was way older than he was when he learned so his training wheels were long gone. i don't know why i didn't learn when i was super young, maybe i didn't want to?
ReplyDeletei am intrigued by I Feel Pretty - i am not the biggest fan of her, but if you liked it, maybe i'll give it a go. i'll never say no to a little mood/self image booster, you know?
i love your 14 things posts, can't wait for a new one.
oooh P&P.. i feel like it's been ages since i watched it ;) might have to watch it this weekend.
Yaaay learning to ride! She must feel awesome.
ReplyDelete