What's New: February recap


February flew right by me in the blink of an eye. Yes, it's true, it is the shortest month so it's a bit quicker anyway. We also  have 3 of my 5 immediate family members (my own siblings/parents) with birthdays in the month as well as copious friends. My children attended 4 friend birthday parties and then we had all the family ones too. SO much celebrating!!!

Now that March is here (just barely ;)), it is starting SO much to feel like spring! We have (knock on wood) had the mildest winter in Nova Scotia this year that I can remember since I've moved here, and it's been kind of weird, actually. There hasn't been much snow to play in (or to shovel/scrape off the car). It freaks me out a bit when I think about it too much, but it has reduced some of the winter stress with commuting to work/planning for snow days etc. It has been grey and rainy though and there were a few blah days due to that.

Linking up with the wonderful Kristen and Gretch to chat about what's new lately and to share what we did this month:


Making a snowman


Celebrating Valentine's Day


Celebrating a birthday :)

Brian also got a 3D Printer in February and he is OVER THE MOON so excited about it still. He has printed some cool things - a few fun bookmarks for me, a DIY guess who game for the kids, and a bunch of knick knack type things that he is really excited about. Haha. He also printed me this amazing lamp with lithophane photos of our family. I haven't seen him this extremely passionate about a hobby in awhile so I'm happy for him :) Here are a couple of photos, these are printed completely in plastic and they are sooo cool.



We also did a few fun family activities like heading to the Discovery Centre, a family walk in the sunshine, and a bunch of time at the playground. I have way more pictures but most of them are already over on Instagram and I've shown my kids enough here for one day ;)
Personally, I did some running, made a few new delicious recipes, read TONS of books (some of which were amazing and I can't wait to chat about more soon!!), and saw almost every friend I have who lives locally.
March brings March break for the kids, daylight savings time, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and Lucy's 4th birthday!!! :) Can't wait even though that last one is pretty bittersweet :)
So, what's new with you lately?!


8 comments

  1. Wow, I can't believe those printed items are plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, February always feels like the longest month to me. Plays tricks on my mind to have it be so short! So cool about the 3D printer. My husband is an engineer and is dying to get one :)

    Thanks for joining our linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture lamp is very impressive! Very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for a mild winter! but also yes, know exactly what you mean about freaking out when you think about it. yay for lots of celebrations though! the 3d printer and lamp are so cool! i love when KC gets into things too, my only hobby is reading haha. do share the delicious recipes! i'm always looking for new ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y’all really do have a lot of birthdays for such a short month! I’m sure that really helped the month to fly by too! I feel like we had the exact opposite of y’all in Texas, we had a lot colder of a winter than we’re used to. We got snow and had a freak ice storm too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, super cool prints. That's awesome to be able to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lamp, which I know I already said.. but it is so cool! :) So glad that you guys had a good month with lots of time for family things and seeing friends too! I agree that it absolutely flew by! It's been a totally nuts 50-60 degrees F most days here recently. Kansas has the strangest weather. I hope that March is a great month! I am such a sucker for St. Patrick's Day... :) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an insane amount of birthdays (especially for such a short month)! Celebrating is always fun, though. :-)

    The 3D printer lamp is amazing! I've never used one before, though they offer some classes and things on how to use one at this free local technology center in my city. Maybe I'll have to try it sometime. It would be awesome to be able to make something like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post! I reply to comments via e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger, and if that is the case you can check out this post to fix it!!