I've already spewed about my love for Beartown exhaustively (but seriously, read it, I'm not alone in my love for it!!) but a book I just started and I'm loving so far: He Said/She Said. WOW what a thriller so far.
To read with children:
Snappsy the Alligator - this book is hilarious. I love books that talk about the narrator. To be fair, I think I enjoyed this more than my kids, but they might have been just a bit too young to "get" it, and they still liked it, but my husband and I laughed out loud.
To Watch:
Life in Pieces on Netflix. A bit like Modern Family. I like it. Also on my list of shows to try is Master of None - anyone like it?!
To Eat:
Enchilada Chicken Roll Ups via SkinnyTaste - I love this website and this recipe was SO good.
Also: kale caesar salad. Recipe coming soon. We eat this almost daily in the summer and it is SO, SO, SO good.
To Drink:
Bulletproof Coffee - I am enjoying this lately minus the butter because I can't find the organic kind I want. I just use coconut oil and it makes it very creamy and delicious-tasting.
To Wear:
I have pretty much exclusively switched to wearing dresses with dressy leggings or tights to work. I just got this one last week and I'm loving it with tights :)
To Entertain Your Children:
My go-to for this is a cardboard box. Seriously, if I bring home two cardboard boxes full of food from Costco, my kids will happily colour/create/play with those boxes for a week. A close second is to blow up some air mattresses in the basement (we were testing them out for camping) and let them play on those for hours. Done.
To Do:
If you live in Nova Scotia, today is election day. We voted ahead of time on Saturday, but seriously, this is important and it only takes a few minutes. We need to see some change somehow in this province.
To Put Things in Perspective:
This post about being enough.
What's on your list these days?!








LOL about the boxes! i remember when Kayla got a big kitchen for her birthday, she played with the box it came in more than the kitchen itself!!
ReplyDeleteI am a dress wearer if I'm not wearing pixie pants. It's been too cold here for dresses without leggings and a cardigan! It's like early April or something.
ReplyDeleteI requested He Said She Said from the library!
Having your kids color the box, not just play with it, is a great idea! Prolongs the life of the activity.
ReplyDeleteI almost only wear dresses.
I make a lot of caesar salad but I don't know how I feel about kale....hmmm
Love Colin Hanks, so I started Life in Pieces but then I lost interest. I agree that it's like Modern Family.
Gah, Beartown! I very rarely reread anything, but I've already felt like I want to reread it. Love that denim dress, and yesss to boxes and the mattresses for easy toys/entertainment! Imaginative play (is that the right phrase? lol) is really the best.
ReplyDeleteI just added He Said She Said to my Goodreads! I need more dresses in my life. I am the worst and figuring out which types to wear where. Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteI have He Said She Said in my Netgalley shelf! I was just accepted to it last week. So glad you are liking it! I will start it once I finish Wish You Were Here :) I am adding the Snappsy book to my list for Zoe. Love that dress you got, so cute!!! We watched some of Life in Pieces last year after all our shows are done and I think I liked it better than my husband. I need to catch up.
ReplyDeleteMy aunt just text me today "But for real watch Life In Pieces!" it kept getting recommended after my binges of Schitt's Creek, Kimmy Schmidt, and Master of None. Master of None is SO GOOD this season. I'll definitely check out Life in Pieces now. Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteOh will have to check out Life in Pieces :)
ReplyDeleteI have heard really good things about both of those books. One of my IRL friends loves Master of None. I saw Life in Pieces come up, but I haven't watched it yet. I love how much your kids love a cardboard box. My cats do too. hahha I'm not meaning to compare your kiddos to my cats... but in this sense they are both pleased by a good box. :P Checking into this article! Hoping to wear more dresses soon! It's getting hot already. :( XO - Alexandra
ReplyDeleteSimply Alexandra: My Favorite Things
I'm on the wait list for Beartown and I just added He Said/She Said to my list! I really like Life in Pieces too! And I recommended Master of None in my post yesterday! It's really good, sort of different than anything else on tv. I totally agree with you about the cardboard boxes. I had three deliveries yesterday and my kids played with them for hours.
ReplyDelete