1) Beauty and the Beast was SO amazing last night. I've seen the original animated movie countless times (of course), and I've seen it as a play twice (I cried both times) and read many re-tellings of the story, so I was so excited to see this new movie. I also love Emma Watson (what's not to love?!) and I think she was incredible. I'm not sure that my kids are anywhere near ready for it but I can't wait until they are. It was perfect - I loved that it was a bit more French than the animated movie, and the costumes and the new songs were amazing. I also really enjoyed the evening out with one of my best friends who I don't see often enough. It was exactly what my soul needed this week.
Here I am in my shirt that I made and red rose earrings:
2) I recently discovered this Facebook group which is basically just an excuse to chat with random people about books all the time. Think Show Us Your Books, but every day. I was enjoying the Modern Mrs. Darcy book club for a few months, but it costs money (and the FB group is free), and it uses another platform so I was never logging into it. It is kinda fun. I am grateful for the areas of the Internet to chat books because although many people in my everyday life read a lot, we aren't always reading the same books around the same time, or we have wildly different tastes, OR, we don't see each other enough to chat books in a lot of depth.
3) If you loved Serial, you might want to check out this new podcast coming next week. It's not the same, but it does sound awesome. I'm excited because Brian and I listened to Serial together and we haven't really had a podcast that we both enjoyed since then!
Linking up today with Kristin and Amanda.
12 comments
Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post! I reply to comments via e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger, and if that is the case you can check out this post to fix it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









So fun that you got to see Beauty and the Beast!!! I really want to see it but will probably wait until we can stream it at home because you know...newborn and all. I will have to check out the Facebook group. Who doesn't love a good book chat?
ReplyDeleteWe're going to see Beauty And The Beast tonight, and I honestly cannot wait! Belle is my all time favorite princess, probably because she loved to read as much as I did, and I can't wait to see it live! Reading your post just made me even more excited for it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you loved Beauty and the Beast. I really loved it too - and Emma is great! I wore a LuLa Roe shirt with red roses all over it. :) I like that we dressed the part. I actually have my review for the film up today, if you're interested.
ReplyDeleteYay for a great facebook group to discuss books! I love reading.
-Lauren
I'm so happy to hear that you loved beauty & the beast! I think I'll end up waiting for it to be out of theaters, but the more I hear about it, the more I want to see it! I don't really use facebook but that group sounds awesome. I've been trying to utilize more of the groups features on Goodreads to be more engaged.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen the new Beauty and the Beast yet, but it's on my list! I have two daughters who are also dying to see it!
ReplyDeleteRequested to join that FB group!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't be into paying for a book group either.
Love you dressed up for the movie :)
ReplyDeleteA place to chat books all the time is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see Beauty and The Beast! It will be months, I'm sure, but still! Looks so, so good, so I'm glad to hear you loved it! I just watched a funny interview with Ewan MacGregor on a late night show (can't think of which one at the moment) and he was talking about how when he agreed to the gig, he thought it would be no big deal to pull off a French accent because his wife is French. He then said it was really hard and at first he just sounded Mexican lol. (I also didn't realize he was one of the voices until I caught his interview!).
ReplyDeletehmm i am intrigued by the facebook group but i suck at facebook and am rarely on it.
ReplyDeleteabsolutely loved beauty and the beast :)
A facebook group that is like SUYB but everyday? I'm scared to open the link. haha!
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable at Beauty and the Beast. I need to see it.
I'm literally listening to that podcast right now. I'm on episode 3. Have you listened yet? I'm trying to get my sister to listen so I can discuss my thoughts with someone lol!
ReplyDeleteI saw Beauty and the Beast on Sunday and I LOVED it. So amazing.