Friday Favourites - Thanksgiving weekend!!

It's Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend and I can't wait!! It is definitely one of my favourite holidays and even moreso this year because my parents live here now :) We are having turkey dinner on Saturday night and we'll stay the night at my parents so that Brian and I can actually visit a bit with other adults instead of cuddling our clingy toddler and breaking up kid fights. lol. We are looking forward to it :)

I am thankful for so much in my life this year and I usually reflect on it at Thanksgiving. I'm so abundantly thankful for our health again this year. I am thankful that Brian and I both have meaningful and lucrative employment although mine ends in early 2016. I am BEYOND thankful for my parents, in-laws and my family who are endlessly supportive and happily immersed in our girls' lives. I am thankful for sticky fingers and our messy house and girly giggles and sunshine and fall weather and running and podcasts. I am thankful for great books, wonderful music, healthy and nourishing food, and for friendship and for yoga. Most of all, I am thankful for this crazy time in our life, because I know I will miss these moments someday in the future.

Here are some of my favourites for this week!!! Linking up with Amanda from Meet at the Barre (one of my favourite bloggers, coincidentally) :)

Favourite Song:

\\
I think I've mentioned before that I love The Arkells and this one is probably my favourite by them.

Favourite  Reads: I'll talk about this more in Show us Your Books next week, but I really liked Where'd You Go Bernadette and I'm about halfway through Carry On right now and loving that too. I have A Thousand Nights from the library to get to sometime in the next little bit too!!


Favourite Photos of the girls:



Favourite Recipe:

This crack slaw which tastes like the inside of egg rolls and is low carb (or you can put it in rice paper  too :)) I actually love it in lettuce wraps!! I add as many veggies as I can to it too.

Favourite LOLs:





Favourite Links from Around the web:

I am loving Hannah from So Obsessed With's series "Return to Green Gables" and I especially loved this post.

I love Cup of Jo and this post resonated with me because we are still torn on this decision too.

A fun test about Classic Children's Books via Sarah at Life As Always.

24 Moments from Pride & Prejudice that will make your heart melt.

This post about anxiety from two perspectives is important to share.

This sorting hat quiz. <3 I'm a Hufflepuff...same answer I got on Pottermore, haha.

Happy Friday everyone and Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Canadians :) XO



7 comments

  1. I got Hufflepuff from Pottermore! Annnnnd I just got Hufflepuff with that quiz too! I love Rainbow Rowell. I will have to check that book out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a thousand nights has such a pretty cover, i can't wait to see what everyone thinks about it. i haven't read fangirl yet, but i will soon and then i can watch carry on as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Friday favorites post! I love the picture of the girlies and great book choices! I hope you have a most amazing weekend beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. bah! i tried reading where'd you go Bernadette and returned it! i know a lot of people loved it and i was pretty disappointed because i had such high hopes :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try that crack slaw recipe because it is totally something that I would be all over! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rock a baby baby pic cracked me up. Pretty true! :) And cute pictures of the girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post! I reply to comments via e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger, and if that is the case you can check out this post to fix it!!