Update: Literary Ladies Summer Reading Challenge

I think I read more books this month than I have in years! I loved the break from watching TV in the evenings. I love having an audiobook and a regular book on the go, because sometimes it is just easier to listen to a book (i.e. walking to work, on the bus sometimes, going for a run, washing dishes.) I know I posted last week about books lately, but I wanted to create a post just for the challenge so I can link up today.

I've read 8/10 of the books from my list so far, and I'm hoping to be finished by the end of the week!

Books I've read so far:

YA Book - Sloppy Firsts 4/5 Stars  

A book with a one word title - Cinder 4.5/5 stars 
 
A book about summer, or a book with summer in the title - Twenty Boy Summer 2.5/5 Stars 

A book recommended by a blogger - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry 4.5/5 stars 

A book by a non US author - Big Little Lies (amended from The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up which was less than 200 pages) 5/5 Stars (and I will read the Life Changing Magic soon!)

A book on my TBR list for more than a year - The Perks of Being a Wallflower 4/5 Stars

A book with a female heroine - Jane Eyre 5/5 Stars 

A suspenseful book - Gone Girl 3/5 stars 


Books in progress:
Book written by a celebrity or comedian: One More Thing
Book that will be a movie or tv show - The Martian - I AM SO, SO, SO HOOKED ON THIS AUDIOBOOK!!!

Books that I will be reading when I finish the challenge:

Scarlet
The Husband's Secret
Second Helpings



5 comments

  1. I've got Big Little Lies on my bookshelf waiting to be read. I don't think I've heard a bad thing said about that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're doing amazingly well!
    I love Jane Eyre - great choice for the heroine category :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Jane Eyre was one of the best books I've ever read - so glad I finally read it!!

      Delete
  3. yay Cinder!! I love it. I can't wait to re-read the series when the next book comes out in Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Little Lies is on my list too, I just haven't gotten around to it, yet :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post! I reply to comments via e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger, and if that is the case you can check out this post to fix it!!