A Fun Recipe and Thirsty Thursday

Hey there!

I bet you were all waiting with bated breath to get your eyes on that recipe I said I was going to post yesterday. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the pictures to load properly, so here it is today! I bring you SWEET POTATO PIZZA via Well-Girl.  If you haven't checked out her blog or website, there are tons of awesome healthy recipes on there and she posts a lot of Fitsperation on Facebook too. 


Yum!! I made this about a month ago, and hubby loved it. Molly did not like it nearly as much, but she was going through a weird supper-eating phase at that time anyway. I found it a bit too sweet for my tastes, but the crust was a pretty good consistency. 

Here are the directions, taken from Well-girl's recipe: (I hope it's ok for me to post this if I include the source and the link!)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of mashed sweet potatoes
  • 1/4 cup milled flax seed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tbsp of no salt seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • Few dashes of salt
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Mix everything together very well.
  • Spread the dough out into a circle (or square) about a quarter of an inch thick on a greased cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 30-35 mins, or until the edges are crispy and the middle is firm.
  • Top with marinara sauce, tons of veggies, your choice of protein and a little bit of low fat cheese.
  • Put it back in the oven for another 5-7 minutes to allow your cheese to melt and all the flavors to come together.
I added the following toppings to our pizza:

Tomato sauce
Lean chicken sausage
Peppers
Onion
Spinach
Mushrooms
Hot peppers on hubby's half
Skim Mozzarella cheese

It was great! It was good the next day too. It's great too because it is gluten-free and full of health(ier) carbs than flour! 

Let me know if you try it and if you like it. Next up on my list to try is cauliflower pizza crust with this recipe. 

It's rainy and miserable here today, but I am headed out tonight for a friend's bachelorette party. We're bringing gifts because she didn't really have a wedding shower, so I picked up a couple of little things on my lunch break today. 

1) An infuser water bottle like this one:

(Image via Amazon)
2) This amazing little book with a great sentiment (especially on the eve of a wedding!) 

(I kind of wanted to buy one for myself too but I have enough journals)

That's it for today!! I'll be back tomorrow to link up with the girls for Five on Friday! 



No comments

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear what you think of this post! I reply to comments via e-mail unless you are a no-reply blogger, and if that is the case you can check out this post to fix it!!